Brisbane City Council has provided almost $90,000 to assist community, cultural and sport and recreation clubs in the Pullenvale Ward to help them rebuild and re-commence services to residents after the coronavirus pandemic.
The funds were made available through the Lord Mayor’s COVID-19 Assistance Programme for groups leasing a Council owned or managed community facility to help cover the costs of operating expenses incurred during their forced closure. It also supported leaseholders who have been unable to do maintenance works on their buildings due to the lack of revenue as a result of the pandemic.
Pullenvale Ward Councillor, Greg Adermann announced 11 local groups had benefitted from the Programme.
- Bellbowrie Sports and Recreation Club – $10,000 (to cover electricity expenses)
- Kenmore District Junior Australian Football Club – $8,200 (for repairs to concrete paths around the clubhouse)
- The Hut Environmental and Community Association – $4,766 (for re-paving and re-alignment of steps, surrounding area and rail, floorboard repair and termite prevention)
- University of Queensland Football Club $20,000 (for field maintenance cost and electricity at their Cubberla Creek Reserve and Kingfisher Park playing fields)
- Kenmore Girls Guides – $7,087 for floor repair, insurance, rates, water, carpet cleaning and pest control at the Kenmore Reserve
- Moggill Girl Guides – $10,000 (for maintenance works including walls, doors, windows and roof at their hut at Booker Place Park, Bellbowrie)
- Cubberla-Witton Catchments Network – $2,215 (for the replacement of a broken rainwater pump and installation of a new pipework)
- The Creche and Kindergarten Association – $2,668 (for cleaning and ground charges at the C&K Mt. Crosby Community Kindergarten)
- Brookfield Horse and Pony Club – $7,837 (for operating expenses including insurance and arena maintenance, levelling, aeration and painting)
- Moggill Cricket Club – $7,122 (for cricket pitch roller restoration)
- Kenmore Districts Rugby Club – $10,000 (to undertake maintenance to the field and facilities).